AKA Ethiopian Cabbage, Carrots, and Potatoes
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T Berbere spice blend
- 1 t dried ginger
- 1 t turmeric
- 1/2 t ground fenugreek seed
- 1 1/2 C vegetable stock
- 3 C Yukon Gold potatoes cut into 1" chunks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 C sliced green cabbage (about half a medium head)
- Set the Instant Pot (IP) to saute on low and add the oil.
- When the oil is heated, add the onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for another minute. If anything starts to stick, add a tablespoon or two of the vegetable stock.
- Add the potatoes and the vegetable stock. Lock the lid and set to 1 minute (manual) high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure per IP instructions, being careful with the steam.
- Add the carrots and cabbage, and stir everything together.
- Lock on the lid and set to high pressure (manual) for 5 minutes.
- Let the lid naturally release.
*Recipe Source: Vegan Under Pressure by Jill Nussinow, MS, RDN, with slight modifications.